WORKSHOP – ALL ABOUT FIBRE
When: OCTOBER 2018 – exact date tbc
Where: East Anglia Alpaca Mill, The Orchards, Norfolk, NR13 3JU
Cost: £95+VAT per person, additional places from same farm just £50.00+VAT
(only one set of notes will be included, extra notes available on request)
9.30am – Coffee & introductions
10am – Workshop starts
1pm – Short break for lunch – home cooked, hot (in temperature!) & vegetarian, options available
4pm (approx) – home time or when you are all yarned out!
ALL ABOUT FIBRE, FIBRE & MORE FIBRE!
- How to prepare it? Shearing, processing, showing…
- What not to do with it! Washing, grooming….
- How to improve it? Histograms, breeding, paddocks….
- What do we do with it? Tumbling, picking, carding, gilling, balancing yarn, spinning, plying, finishing, felt; what are batts, rovings, slivers, and fluff?
- What to do with it? Yarns, felt, garments, selling on…
And more…….an informal workshop to improve your knowledge of fibre and what to do with it!
Come and meet other alpaca owners (though all welcome), network, enjoy a light lunch, friendly banter & hopefully some laughs too while
getting to grips with fibre!
Hands-on demos guided tour of our bespoke Mill and see how each of the processes works your fibre and creates wonderful yarn and felt too.
Cost: £95 +VAT per person to include hot vegetarian lunch & refreshments (2nd/3rd places from the same farm at just £50.00 +VAT each).
Please register for a place as numbers are limited: (email is easiest for us as we can’t always get to the phone!)
t: 01493 750429
m: 07762 439923
Sorry, but please be aware that the cost is non-refundable and places will only be confirmed once payment has been received.