East Anglia Alpaca Mill
‘The proof is in the processing’
Alpaca owners desire an (almost) effortless way to process their fibre at cost-effective prices, with expert advice & without ever compromising on quality. East Anglia Alpaca Mill’s aim is to provide exactly these elements within their service.
We, Chris & Emma, owners of East Anglia Alpaca Mill, are here to help you achieve your vision – be it a small order of yarn from your beloved pets for your own use or a larger consignment of fibre from a commercial herd. With our knowledge & professional aptitude, we can help clients achieve the very best from their fleeces.
As herd owners, we understand the problems & pitfalls surrounding your clip, the disappointment of poor processing and failed projects. We can offer our expert advice and are happy to assist you with your vision.
Our bespoke machinery is designed specifically for alpaca. We do not blend other fibres with alpaca nor do we process any other fibres – only huacaya and suri. We guarantee you receive your own fibre back; we process individual clients fibre in turn rather than processing incompatible fleeces from many clients at one time leading to a lesser quality product.
We are also able to utilise what some consider to be waste fibre (neck and leg)/ 2nds & 3rds into beautiful felt (best blanket fibre too if required) realising very little waste fibre from each animal.
Our commitment to you is always the best advice, best processing, best product, best price.
We assure you of the following:
- No blending alpaca with other fibres
- Only processing alpaca fibre – both huacaya & suri
- Semi-worsted process which is the preferred method of processing for alpaca
- We guarantee you will receive your own fleece back because
- Client runs processed rather than colour runs
- Minimum order is just one fleece (see T’s & C’s)
- We can process fleece which is more than two years old (subject to examination)
- An eco-friendly approach with rainwater harvesting & recycling
- Honest expert advice
- An Express Service for those with a strict deadline to meet
- All prices are clearly displayed on the ‘Price List‘ page
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements either by phone, email or our contact form.
01493 750429 07762 439923